Home > Full program > IT at the service of the environment
Over the last few decades, information technology has taken a prominent place in our lives. It has enabled the development of many digital tools that can help us on a daily basis: the fight against climate change and biodiversity protection is no exception.
Develop your projects, create your business...
The GENEVA FORUM invites you to propose your solutions in this field.
It is estimated that about 2% of humanity’s CO2 emissions are due to information technologies, paving the way for Green IT. Indeed, it allows the digital activities of human beings to be adapted to the conservation of nature.
IT has also made it possible to develop tools to monitor nature’s health and the impact of human economic activities on it. Here are some of the initiatives that already exist:
- Satellites that allow data to be collected from the sky on large-scale forests, sea pollution ;
- The interpretation of acoustic footprints that make it possible to detect changes over long periods of time;
These technologies are of many interests: they make it possible to monitor coastlines, analyse changes caused by climate change on various types of ecosystems, map forests and monitor their health, etc.
The challenge today remains make this type of technology more accessible and to develop new ones, so that we can have a more precise understanding of our environment and be able to live in harmony with it.
Suggest a solution !
If you wish, you can present, alone or with others, your proposals to the UN and you will be accompanied in the creation and development of activities based on these proposals.
|Come with your ideas, prepare yourself, and participate actively in the workshops of the GENEVA FORUM. Meet your future teammates and get ready to actively change the world!|
If you wish to propose a solution to the World in this field :
1) Search and select the International Conference at the UN on which you want to present your idea or solution by consulting this list of GENEVA FORUM Conferences (click here)
2) Fill in the form to submit the abstract (a summary) of your presentation (click here), stating "Yes" in the box "Is your presentation, a proposal for a disruptive technology ?"
3) Come at the next GENEVA FORUM, and give a short presentation of 5 minutes (pitch) and then participate in the one hour workshop following your presentation, with GENEVA FORUM participants who will want to move forward with you.
|On site, our team of one-on-one meetings will welcome you in a specific way as a carrier of alternative solutions, and will be in charge in particular of :|
| || || |
Ask a question