Home > Full program > Food and energy autonomy in space
While human beings have set out to conquer space, innovations are being thought out every day in order to extend the limits of the possible. One of the major current projects is to achieve perfect food and energy autonomy on the International Space Station, aiming to enable astronauts to travel even further into space.
Develop your projects, create your business...
The GENEVA FORUM invites you to propose your solutions in this field.
Currently, the International Space Station is supplied with energy thanks to its large solar panels, which allow it to be completely autonomous. This is not the case for food supplies, which requires a delivery of fresh products by cargo ship every two months approximately.
In this perspective, extra-terrestrial agricultures projects are being tried out. As of today, a few initiatives have been set up :
- Vegetable crops planted on the Moon;
- A project for autonomous closed-circuit system, requiring minimal crew involvement, which has not been yet implemented;
Food autonomy would allow astronauts to go on longer missions, especially to Mars. Although the basis of their diet is freeze-dried food, fresh produce is essential for nutritional balance and to counter to monotony of meals.
Thus, extra-terrestrial agriculture is still in its experimental phase and is a fertile ground for innovation. In the long term, since it must cope with as few resources as possible and unfavourable basic conditions, the techniques developed will be able to be implemented on Earth.
Suggest a solution !
If you wish, you can present, alone or with others, your proposals to the UN and you will be accompanied in the creation and development of activities based on these proposals.
|Come with your ideas, prepare yourself, and participate actively in the workshops of the GENEVA FORUM. Meet your future teammates and get ready to actively change the world!|
If you wish to propose a solution to the World in this field :
1) Search and select the International Conference at the UN on which you want to present your idea or solution by consulting this list of GENEVA FORUM Conferences (click here)
2) Fill in the form to submit the abstract (a summary) of your presentation (click here), stating "Yes" in the box "Is your presentation, a proposal for a disruptive technology ?"
3) Come at the next GENEVA FORUM, and give a short presentation of 5 minutes (pitch) and then participate in the one hour workshop following your presentation, with GENEVA FORUM participants who will want to move forward with you.
|On site, our team of one-on-one meetings will welcome you in a specific way as a carrier of alternative solutions, and will be in charge in particular of :|
| || || |
Ask a question