Home > Full program > Drones for change and innovation
Lately, we have been able to witness the rise of new technologies. This is notably the case with drones, which are widely used for recreational or commercial activities. However, these objects can also have innovative functions in social, humanitarian, and environmental projects.
Develop your projects, create your business...
The GENEVA FORUM invites you to propose your solutions in this field.
Indeed, the use of drones is fertile ground for social innovation. They are already used in projects such as:
- “Flying-labs" enabling remote areas of developing countries to be supplied with vaccines, for example;
- Monitoring compliance with environmental regulations, allowing the identification of illegal mines, among other things;
- Rapid and effective relief in the event of natural or human disasters (conflict zones, earthquakes, famines);
- And many more...
These objects therefore have a great potential to improve human living conditions. However, they face ethical and security issues which, once resolved, will allow this technology to reveal its full potential. These issues include :
- Concerns about the protection of the data collected and the impact on the privacy of the citizens exposed to it;
- Lack of inclusiveness in access to the technology, which has the effect of making developing countries dependent on said developed countries;
- A legal and regulatory framework that is not adapted to the new existence of these objects, which do not fit into the pre-established categories, particularly in terms of insurance;
- Safety risks, since these objects are in contact with other aerial technologies such as planes.
Once these issues have been effectively addressed, drones could revolutionize many fields, including healthcare, data collection, research, risk and disaster prevention, etc. The ground is fertile for new projects that take these issues into account and integrate them into their action plans.
Suggest a solution !
If you wish, you can present, alone or with others, your proposals to the UN and you will be accompanied in the creation and development of activities based on these proposals.
|Come with your ideas, prepare yourself, and participate actively in the workshops of the GENEVA FORUM. Meet your future teammates and get ready to actively change the world!|
If you wish to propose a solution to the World in this field :
1) Search and select the International Conference at the UN on which you want to present your idea or solution by consulting this list of GENEVA FORUM Conferences (click here)
2) Fill in the form to submit the abstract (a summary) of your presentation (click here), stating "Yes" in the box "Is your presentation, a proposal for a disruptive technology ?"
3) Come at the next GENEVA FORUM, and give a short presentation of 5 minutes (pitch) and then participate in the one hour workshop following your presentation, with GENEVA FORUM participants who will want to move forward with you.
|On site, our team of one-on-one meetings will welcome you in a specific way as a carrier of alternative solutions, and will be in charge in particular of :|
| || || |
Ask a question