Earth Law Alliance is an association of lawyers and jurists which promotes the adoption of laws recognizing nature and the interrelation between different forms of life: prioritizing the well-being of the Earth as a whole above even the human best interest. It also encourages different governments for the protection of nature and sustainable development.
There are several ongoing initiatives:
- The recognition of the crime of ecocide
- The “Charter of the Earth”
- The International Court of the Environment
- Earth Law Alliance became an official partner of the Annual International Conference on the Rights of Nature, of the Geneva Forum’s International Declaration of the Rights of Nature, and is therefore represented there every year.
- In addition to attending as a speaker to report on the current state of the Rights of Nature, the Alliance’s network of lawyers and jurists also receives the support of the Geneva Forum in its projects.